Massage Heights Assistant Store Managers are responsible for assisting the General Manager for all of the assets of the store (cash, inventory, equipment, products) as well as in charge of the staff in the absence of the Store Manager. Our Assistant Store Manager’s main responsibility is to ensure that the store meets sales and financial targets while maintaining full compliance with a variety of operational controls.
*Assist the General Store Manager in achieving sales and other financial targets. Must be able to analyze and understand financial goals/reports and track both individual and store results.
*Assist the General Store Manager with interviewing, hiring, coaching, training and motivating employees according to company guidelines
*Supervision of employees engaged in sales work, production, taking inventory and reconciling cash and sales receipts.
- Demonstrates success in selling. Use selling techniques; add-on sales, cross-sales, and describing membership, product, and service information to each guest. Reaches store and individual sales goals. This requires constant standing and walking to assist with guests and show them products, and tour the facility and treatment rooms.
- *Is proficient in the basic skills of store operations: membership and product sales of all guest transactions; equipment maintenance, housekeeping etc. This requires constant standing on the sales floor, greeting guests, offering samples, demonstrating products, up-selling products, services, cash handling, multi-tasking, answering phone within two rings, and equipment as well as occasional squatting and kneeling. Ensure teammates are properly trained in these duties.
* This requires constant standing and walking, occasional squatting and kneeling, frequently lifting & carrying up to 10 lbs and occasionally 11-30 lbs as well as frequently climbing a ladder working with arms overhead and occasionally using a 3-10-foot ladder to work with arms overhead.
Manage staff hours to fit budget required for payroll processing.
Responsible for motivating/managing staff to ensure store is in legal compliance, and that employee relations issues are handling appropriately in the absence of the General Manager.
*Coordination of sales promotions/merchandise displays. Maintains a clean, visually appealing store to company guidelines. This requires frequent walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, lifting and carrying, and working with arms overhead to prepare displays.
Creates a store environment that ensures great guest experience. Resolves all guest complaints.
*Responsible for physical safety & security of the store.
*Responsible for cash management, keeping staff is in compliance.
*Responsible for twice annual comprehensive physical inventories. Maintains accurate inventory results throughout the year by analyzing weekly shipment reports and merchandise transfers
*Work single coverage
First Shift 8am to 3:30pm or
Second Shift 2:30-10pm
Previous experience as an assistant or supervisor in a retail environment
Minimum of 2 years of retail management experience in a mall-based environment with single coverage
Excellent Organizational and planning skills
Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally in a clear, audible, and grammatically correct manner
Ability to listen, read, and accurately communicates effectively to a guest and team members.
Relates to all guests and team members, and creates a good first impression
Good negotiating skills
Good influence, persuasion, and problem resolution skills
Strong eye for Visual Merchandising
Ability to work unsupervised
A career with Massage Heights allows you to fulfill your passion of improving lives with every session. Grow into a meaningful and rewarding career that includes:
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Commissions Paid on all Membership and Retail Sales
- Monthly Commission Paid for all On Going Memberships
- Supplemental Insurance Offered
- Flexible Schedules
- Sustained Growth Opportunities
- 50% OFF Staff Membership Massage & Facials Program
- And Much More
- Be Guest Service-oriented and communicate effectively with Guests
- Availability to work certain nights and weekends (our busiest times)
Take the Next Step - Elevate Your Career
We are looking for the next great Assistant Retreat Director to join our team. For immediate interview consideration, please complete this short application, and we will follow up regarding next steps.
WORKING AT MASSAGE HEIGHTS
You’re a therapist dedicated to your clients—and they adore you for how much you care about their well-being. We’re a family-owned company dedicated to hiring team members like you, and making you feel just as cared for as our guests. See, we want Massage Heights to be a place where you love to work. A place where you can focus on your clients, and not filling your appointment book. Where you’re surrounded by people who share your client-focused approach and belief in customized modalities; and who appreciate your drive to deliver the best massage experience. We want Massage Heights to be a place where you feel like you truly belong—because you do.